Childminding Induction Support Programme - course
Childminding Induction Support Programme
The Childminding Induction Support Programme will guide you through the process of becoming a childminder, enabling you to provide a positive learning environment so that your children will be able to progress in all aspects of their development.
The Childminding Induction Support Programme includes:
• The Childminding Induction Learning Course
• A SCMA Strong Foundations Pack
• Universal and tailored support from the team at SCMA
• The opportunity to achieve an SCMA Accredited Open Badge.
Childminding Induction Learning Course
The Childminding Induction Learning Course is split up into nine modules, delivered across three interactive sessions or online via an easy-to-use e-Learning platform, which allows you to work at a time and pace to suit you. The Childminding Induction Learning Course covers everything you need to know to set up and run a childminding business, including:
• the law relating to childminding
• the Care Inspectorate application process
• how to best meet the needs of children in your care
• the business side of childminding – everything from contracts to cashbooks.
If you are unable to attend all three interactive sessions, you can always access the remainder of the course via our e-Learning platform at no extra charge to ensure you get the most out of the Childminding Induction Support Programme and access individualised tailored support. For more information, visit www.childminding.org/become-a-childminder.
How to apply for the Childminding Induction Support Programme
Registering for the Childminding Induction Support Programme is as easy as 1, 2, 3…
1. Apply for an Individual Training Account (ITA).
Apply online at https://www.myworldofwork.co.uk/learn-and-train/course/detail/childminding-induction-support-programme-5a1e91784b165359423e3b52. SCMA will receive notification of your ITA application and we can then start to process your application.
2. Select your chosen Childminding Induction Learning Course – either three sessions or via e-Learning – and give us a call to book. The Childminding Induction Learning Support Programme costs £200 in total, which is payable by ITA or self-pay with a credit/debit card.
3. You will receive confirmation by email of your booking and dates for your diary. If you have chosen to complete the Childminding Induction Learning Course by e-Learning, you can get started straight away and your Strong Foundations Pack will follow in the post.
Call our friendly Learn with SCMA team on 01786 445377 to get started.
Scottish Childminding Association, 7 Melville Terrace, Stirling FK8 2ND
Tel: 01786 445377
Back To List
If you have already registered your details with us, please enter your registered email below and we will send you an email with instructions of how to book this course online. If you have not yet registered your details please contact SCMA on 01786 445377/Option 2 for further information on how to book this course.